From: Ruggero Cortini (ruggero.cortini_at_crg.eu)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2017 - 09:41:50 CST

Hi All,

Thanks to Stefan Kuczera I was able to solve the problem. I'm posting here the answer in case anyone is interested.

Open your file $VMDDIR/plugins/noarch/tcl/vmdtkcon1.1/tkcon-modified.tcl, and add the following lines at line 4186 (just before the comment "## Now make all our virtual event bindings") :

    # in 8.6b3, the virtual events <<NextLine>> and <<PrevLine>>
    # mess up our history feature
    # see https://sourceforge.net/p/tktoolkit/bugs/3030/
    bind TkConsole <<NextLine>> {}
    bind TkConsole <<PrevLine>> {}