From: Stefan Kuczera (stefan.kuczera_at_fkem1.lu.se)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2017 - 09:47:49 CST

Hi,

when reading in a geometry file into vmd via commandline at startup,
e.g. "vmd filename.ext" in a shell, the settings in the .vmdrc are not
taken into account, presumably because the rc file is read in after the
geometry file has been processed. So for example even though I have "mol
default style VDW" in my .vmdrc the geometry is still rendered in the
"line" style. However, when I subsequently read in the same file with
the gui or the tk console it appears in the VDW style in accordance with
the vmdrc settings.

Is there any way of solving this problem?

Tested with vmd-1.9.3.

Best wishes,

Stefan