From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 10 2017 - 07:23:29 CST

Hi,
  FYI, for any normal DCD file, VMD can read either endianism, and it is
not necessary to use tools like flipdcd. If you get an error when loading
the DCD into VMD, it would be best if you show us the exact text that VMD
emits when the error occurs, as that will tell us more about why it is upset.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/