From: João Ribeiro KS (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2016 - 17:19:22 CST

Hi,

Just to complement what Joshua said.

QwikMD is currently GUI-dependent (for several reasons), making it not so
advisable to automate it through a command line. There are plans to make it
more accessible through command line, but not currently.

However, you can use autopsf, solvate and autoionize within a script to
automate your process. These are the three main plugins that QwikMD uses.

As Joshua pointed out, a blind automation of structure preparation can be
tricky and you may introduce structural errors without noticing.

Best

Joao