From: K. Aurelia Ball (kaureliaball_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2016 - 15:27:35 CST

Hi,

I have been encountering a problem when running VMD on OS X El Captian
(Version 10.11.6) on a Late 2015 iMac with 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 processor
and 16 GB of Memory.
Sometimes VMD crashes with a memory error when I load a trajectory,
sometimes it just freezes with no error when I am just looking at a
molecule. I was using VMD 1.9.2, so I installed VMD 1.9.3 hoping this would
fix the problem, but it has continued. From reading other problems that
people have had on the mailing list, I suspect that the issue is that I
installed 32-bit Intel x86 version of VMD when my iMac is 64-bit. However,
I cannot find a 64-bit version of VMD to install.

My question: Is the 64-bit issue likely the problem? If so, is there a way
to install a version compatible with 64-bit Mac that will alleviate these
problems?

Thank you,

K. Aurelia Ball
Skidmore College
Kball_at_skidmore.edu <Katherine.Ball_at_ucsf.edu>
KAureliaBall_at_gmail.com