From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2016 - 15:20:44 CST

Hi Juan,

Yup. VMD-1.9.2 would have also worked for a faster GPU-based Tachyon.
But for the other goodies, you'll want the one with CUDA and OptiX
(vmd-1.9.3.bin.LINUXAMD64-CUDA8-OptiX4-OSPRay111p1.opengl.tar.gz). The
fancy render for graphics cards is the TachyonLOptiXInternal renderer.

>From the Mac, you may also want to try ssh -Y, which does basically the
same thing, but works on my Mac when ssh -X doesn't. Be warned that ssh
X11 forwarding can be very slow in low bandwidth environments, and that
there are much better tools based on VNC servers and clients that can do
the same thing much better.

-Josh