From: Eiros Zamora, Juan (j.eiros-zamora14_at_imperial.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2016 - 13:41:59 CST

Dear all,

I usually use VMD for quick visualisation purposes on an OSX machine. I have access to a host with CentOS 7.2 and 4 GTX TITAN cards. Since I've seen that there have been rendering upgrades with the new version of VMD, I was wondering if I could use that to render images with Tachyon with high quality for publication (since it takes a long time on the Mac). What version/release should I download to get full advantage of those GPUs?

(Aside note: I've thought about logging into the Linux machine via ssh with X11 forwarding and use VMD there, but for some reason I can't do ssh -X to any host from my Mac as the command does nothing and hangs. Just wondering if someone else has experienced this)

Thanks for any comments on the matter,

Juan Eiros