From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2016 - 15:11:56 CST

Hi Brian,

A selection has a frame assigned to it, and you can't set it all at once
from my experience (although that would be nice!). Instead, you loop
over each frame, and assign the user field on a frame by frame basis.

for { set f 0 } { $f < [molinfo top get numframes } { incr f } {
$sel frame $f
$sel set user [lindex $somegiant2Dlist $f]
}

This means that your property list needs to be 2-dimensional, and you
need to iterate over every frame.

-Josh