From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 28 2016 - 00:15:51 CST

Hi,
  If you are doing very simple pairwise calculations, there are
"measure energy" commands in VMD to measure pairwise energies
if you have the necessary force field parameters for the
pairs of atoms you want to measure values for. For more the perhaps
more common and inherently more complex scenarios, you would likely
best calculate these quantities within NAMD, Gromacs, or whatever your
favorite MD engine is, rather than in VMD. This is particular true
if you're comparing the values vs. other quantities that might be measured
in an MD simulation.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/