From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2016 - 08:57:32 CST

Dear Raviteja,
You can use SPC/E just by making appropriate topology/parameter files.
If you want to use autoionize with SPC/E, it is probably easier to just build the system with TIP3 and then change the residue names, atom names/types, and charges afterwards (or rebuild the psf once all the ions are in place).
The watermodel argument in the config file is only needed when you want a water model with special internal constraints (e.g., the massless charge site in TIP4). SPC/E doesn’t require any special handling and can thus be dealt with at the level of the topology/parameters.
Best,
Peter