From: Ben Lowe (bml1g12_at_soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2016 - 12:44:53 CST

Dear Josh,

Thank you for this information, particularly its useful to know there
is no obvious binary for the OptiX implementation.

It is a shame that rendering to custom resolutons requires sacrificing the GUI.

My issue with doing this non-interactively is that saving the state
with VMD does not produce exactly the same image as my interative
session, as you put it, it "tries its hardest" though!

Kind Regards,
Ben