From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 01:18:01 CDT

Edward,
  The XYZ reader plugin doesn't do anything with the columns beyond the
XYZ coordinates presently. I hope to implement improvements to load these
values into new data fields eventually, but that isn't implemented yet.
In the mean time, it'd probably be easiest to parse these columns in a
Tcl script, loading them into the "User" data storage in VMD. It shouldn't
be very difficult to do, just a few lines of scripting to read the XYZ
file and parse out that last column of interest.