From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2016 - 16:17:47 CDT

Hi Brian,
  Interesting. Can you send me a copy of the broken file to use
for testing? I think you've stumbled across a particular failure
mode that has never arisen before. It would probably be easy for
me to add some sanity checks that would get used for all small
structures. A simple for loop with isnan() checks would catch this
before going into bond determination code. That being said, if the
reason is due to a misformatted file, it should get caught earlier,
in the PDB reader itself. If you can share the broken file, or
a file that emulates whatever is wrong with the broken one, I am
happy to look into that.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/