From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2016 - 11:32:32 CDT

Hi,
  I am wondering if the problem you encountered may be related
to your language or LOCALE setting. You didn't indicate what operating
system you're using VMD on, so let's start with that and perhaps there
are some things we can suggest you try once we know that as a starting point.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/