From: Abramyan, Tigran (tigran_at_email.unc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2016 - 12:27:59 CDT

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to understand the following regarding the Cornell clustering plugin in VMD:

1. I understand that the metric used is RMSD, however, what is the underlying clustering algorithm? Agglomerative hierarchical (single-, average-, complete-, ward-linkage, etc.), divisive, kmeans?

2. Is there a way to select the optimal number of clusters instead of randomly picking a value for 'Num: ' in the VMD GUI?

3. What is 'none (..)'? Are those outlier frames? Why don't they belong to clusters?

Thanks,

Tigran

--
Tigran M. Abramyan, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Computational Biophysics & Molecular Design