From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2016 - 15:02:44 CDT

Hi,
  Make sure you give YouTube plenty of time to complete their automatic
video resizing/format conversion. It can take as much as a couple of
hours when their servers are busy. If the conversion is complete but
the quality still leaves something to be desired, you may want to try
switching to a different aspect ratio to see if it goes away. They seem
to keep tweaking their video encoders, so this fine tuning is currently
a bit of a black art.