From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2016 - 01:19:05 CDT

Hi,
  Your other post didn't go through, likely due to large-size
image attachments you mention in your note. You didn't indicate
what operating system you're running on, but that and the type of
GPU you're using are both important if you're getting corrupt output
from the "snapshot" rendering mode. In general, Tachyon should always
produce better output than the snapshot renderer however, so that much
is to be expected in general. If you can tell us more about your computer
and the nature of the snapshot problem, such as whether it is a new
VMD installation or a problem that just began recently, or if it is
associated with any other software updates, etc.
We may have specific suggestions if you provide further information.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/