From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2016 - 16:27:37 CDT

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Benjamin Hill <ben.luc.chem_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there any way to change the "molid" number of a loaded molecule?
>
> If I load one molecule, it has a molid of "0"
>
> However, if I 'delete' that molecule and then load a new one, it has a molid
> of "1"
>
> Is there anyway to change the new molecule with
> molid "1"
> to be
> molid '"0"
>
> ?

no, you would have to restart VMD. but you can obtain the molid for
the current "top" molecule with "molinfo top". also commands that
create a new molecule will return that molecule's molid. scripts that
would load/delete a molecule would use these properties and store the
relevant molid in a variable.

axel.