From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2016 - 11:34:40 CDT

Hi,
  Hi, sorry for the slow reply, I just returned from international travel.

If you save your VMD state, possibly editing file paths to ensure
they load correctly on your compute nodes, you should be able to render the
exact same scene on your GPU-accelerated cluster using the built-in
"TachyonLOptiXInternal" ray tracing engine. You'll need to ensure that
you're running the OptiX-enabled version of VMD 1.9.2 or 1.9.3 on your
cluster nodes, but otherwise it is the same as what you would do when
rendering via "TachyonInternal". We regularly render large movies in
parallel on remote supercomputers this way. Let me know if you need
further assistance getting this working.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/