From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2016 - 10:04:27 CDT

Hi,
  This is caused by your mail server requiring a larger cryptographic key
size than our mail server currently supports. As a result, your mail server
is refusing to complete the mail transaction and it returns the error that
you're seeing. In the short term you can resubscribe to VMD-L/NAMD-L using
your gmail address and post that way. We are expecting to make two changes
that should affect this, one is to move our mail system's MX records behind
the UIUC mail complex, and the second is that we plan to upgrade the
sendmail software on our system later this summer, so hopefully this
issue will be resolved by one or both of those actions.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/