From: Peter Schmidtke (peter.schmidtke_at_discngine.com)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2016 - 03:00:50 CDT

Dear VMD users/developers,

I recently installed VMD 1.9.2 on my OSX El Capitan. It works ok for a few tasks. However, if I load a full trajectory (2Gb only though) I get the following segmentation fault :
vmd(827,0xa3137000) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=339968) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
Segmentation fault: 11

I have 48Gb of RAM, but from what I got there is only a 32bit version of VMD for OSX. Might this be the reason when I load lots of data? Is there any 64 bit version available, or do I have to compile this one by hand?

Thanks in advance.

Peter Schmidtke