From: Nate Abraham (nate.abraham_at_colorado.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2016 - 17:01:39 CDT

Hi All,

I've been trying to download VMD on my computer but keep running into the
same issue. Here is what I've done:

Download VMD Source Code 1.9.2
Untar the file in the downloads file
Move the plugins directory into the vmd-1.9.2 directory
cd into the vmd-1.9.2 directory
type ./configure where I get the following message:
"using configure.options: LINUXAMD64 ACTC IMD LIBTACHYON NETCDF COLVARS TCL
PTHREADS SILENT"
cd into the src directory
type sudo make install
and get the following message:
"cp: cannot stat ‘../LINUXAMD64/vmd_LINUXAMD64’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘../lib/stride/stride_LINUXAMD64’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘../lib/surf/surf_LINUXAMD64’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘../lib/tachyon/tachyon_LINUXAMD64’: No such file or
directory
Make sure /usr/local/vmd/bin/vmd is in your path.
VMD installation complete. Enjoy!"

I am running on a LInux computer, specifically running RHEL 7.0. Any help
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate