From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2016 - 04:52:28 CDT

PBC join uses a very expensive recursive scheme to bring together bonded
stuff and should only be used if there’s no other way around it.

For your purpose as you mentioned that you wrapped anyway, you should extend
your wrap command by two things: 1. Wrap your peptide to the center of the
cell; 2. Wrap with respect on residues. So try:

pbc wrap –all –compound res –center com -centersel protein

Norman Geist