From: Greipel.Joachim_at_mh-hannover.de
Date: Wed Mar 02 2016 - 03:58:28 CST

Hi,

I found a difference between "Download to local PDB file" and "Load into new
molecule in VMD".

1. uses "vmdhttpcopy" to download PDB Files. -> is influenced by the
proxy-settings in .vmdrc, works.
2. uses "mol new ..." to download PDB Files. This is supposedly located in
../plugins/LINUXAMD64/molfile/webpdbplugin.so and is NOT influenced by the
proxy-settings. Doesn't work.

Regards,
Joachim

--
Dr. rer. nat. Joachim Greipel
Med. Hochschule Hannover
Response: "Error loading PDB: couldn't open socket: connection timed out"
Hmm. What's the difference?
Best Regards,
Joachim Greipel