From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 06 2016 - 07:41:31 CST

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 2:23 PM, M K <mahyar.karimi20_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I intend to output the final frame of a periodic system to a non-periodic
> form in VMD and then export it as a lammps data file (topo tools) and use it
> in a non-periodic simulation study in lammps.
>
> I use "pbc wrap" on the last frame, followed by this command:

this is likely the mistake you are making. if you write out the last
frame in *unwrapped* coordinates (or use a data file generated by
"write_data"),
then you should have all molecules already joined. if not, you may
have a problem with your periodic calculation already.
to prepare for non-periodic, you should then wrap by *fragment*, and
not use the default of wrapping by atoms.
at this point, no further processing should be needed outside of
enlarging the box in the dimensions that are becoming non-periodic,
since otherwise the atoms outside the box will be ignored (which is
different from reading coordinates for periodic dimensions).

axel