From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 06 2015 - 09:53:56 CST

Hi,
  In the molecule file browser (File | New Molecule, or File | Load Data Into..)
below the filename/browse button and the file type selector in the lower
left corner, you will see "Frames" and controls for first/last/stride, those
are how you can control what frames VMD loads from a file. When using the
graphical interface. There are also analogous parameters to the "mol new"
and "mol addfile" text commands.