From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 06 2015 - 00:09:36 CST

JC,
  You can set/get velocity components just like coordinates, like this:

set sel [atomselect top all]
$sel get { vx vy vz }
$sel set vx 1.0
$sel get { vx vy vz }

As more trajectory formats add explicit support for velocity or other
info, we'll continue to add them into VMD and the molfile plugins.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/