From: Pawel Kedzierski (pawel.kedzierski_at_pwr.edu.pl)
Date: Fri Oct 23 2015 - 06:43:31 CDT

Dear Satya,
W dniu 23.10.2015 o 11:15, Bonakala Satyanarayana pisze:
> Dear Pawel Kedzierski, Thank you for quick reply. Yes, your guess is
> correct, mine is optimum technology laptop. I have installed sudo
> apt-get install bumblebee-nvidia and added the last line in bashrc
> file as well. However,
> I came across this error. I have searched in google and tried. Nothing
> is working to overcome this.
> [ 34.486145] [ERROR]The Bumblebee daemon has not been started yet or
> the socket path /var/run/bumblebee.socket was incorrect.
> [ 34.486167] [ERROR]Could not connect to bumblebee daemon - is it
> running?

Most probably the "bumblebee daemon" service is not running, as it says.
Strange, as it should be started after the install of the bumblebee
package, which in turn should be pulled in by the install of
bumblebee-nvidia.

What you may try:
sudo service bumblebeed start
or
sudo initctl start bumblebeed

If it complains that there is no such service, then the package may be
missing:
sudo apt-get install bumblebee

Actually, the bumblebee daemon is started by upstart via
/etc/init/bumblebeed.conf so there are no links to
/etc/init.d/bumblebeed script from any /etc/rc?.d directories. If you
disabled upstart somehow, then you would need:
update-rc.d bumblebeed defaults
to make the demon start after boot.

If this will not help then I am at a loss; but which version of nvidia
drivers have you installed? I remember that I was unsuccessfull with
upgrade, but bumblebee with nvidia-304 works for me on ubuntu 14.04
without problems.

Pawel