From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 14 2015 - 20:52:20 CDT

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 9:44 PM, M K <mahyar.karimi20_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much. I tried it:
> It works when I load a normal trajectory file and add the box. However, it
> does not work when the trajectory has been loaded by "Load Visualization
> State" ...

​yes, because pbctools can only delete (specific) graphics elements, when
it had written them itself (and thus kept track of them).
when you load the visualization state, it is some low-level code in VMD
that restores the graphics elements, so you also have to use a low-level
graphics script command to delete those graphics elements. there is a
"graphics <molid> delete ​all option that allows to do this for
"everything".

for details, please see the VMD users guide:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.9.2/ug/node129.html

axel.