From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 09 2015 - 09:42:24 CDT

Van,

The COLP tool is best way to inspect the ability of the MM charges to reproduce the QM target data. It will provide insight into the performance of the entire molecule, as well as, break out the individual interactions. There is currently no user guide for this tool, although we plan to add this material to an ffTK tutorial (currently being written).

After completing the parameterization, it is advisable to benchmark the parameters against experimentally measured quantities (e.g., free energy of solvation). Unfortunately, these are not always available for the molecule of interest.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne