From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 09:57:04 CDT

Vlad,
  Why not draw two triangles to make your quadrilateral?
That's what the OpenGL accelerator would do with a quad anyway.
Same approach works for any polygon of course, though getting nice
results requires making an intelligent decisions when decomposing
polygons with large numbers of vertices into triangles that will yield
good results in depth testing, shading, etc. For a quadrilateral its
quite simple however.