From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 12 2015 - 08:56:53 CDT

Hi Yeping,

How was the situs file generated? Be very specific here, since I think
the default in VMD is to generate a DX file instead, regardless of the
file extension you give it. If I had to guess, you've just generated a
DX-formatted situs file, which the situs reader can't open. Have you
tried forcing VMD to load the file as a DX file?

Josh Vermaas