From: Tianhua Feng (tfeng_at_ualberta.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 17 2015 - 16:45:38 CDT

Dear all

There is a problem when I using the NAMD Energy Plugin, vision 1.4. When I
use the command "-ofile energy.txt", I want to output several groups of
datas in the for loop. But there will only be one group data when I open
"energy.txt". The txt file is rewritten again and again but not be written
continuously. What should I do?

#####Here is my program:

set start 1
set end 5
for {set x $start} {$x <= [expr $end-1]} {incr x} {
for {set y [expr $x +1]} {$y <= $end} {incr y} {
set s1 [atomselect top "resid $x"]
set s2 [atomselect top "resid $y"]
namdenergy -vdw -elec -sel $s1 $s2 -ofile energy.txt -exe
~/WORK/NAMD_2.10_MacOSX-x86_64-multicore\ 2/namd2
}
}

##### In the energy file:
Frame Time Elec VdW Total
0 0 -17.6203 -0.9105 -18.5308

# you can see there is one group of data.

Best regrets
Fitch