From: Thomas C. Bishop (bishop_at_latech.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 08 2015 - 09:51:10 CDT

You may have to be careful w/ the use of "" in scripts versus the gui.
e.g. here's line from a script I use.

set notwat [atomselect top {not (water or name "Cl\-" "Na\+" "K\+" ) } ]

By habit i usually  use "" 's like

set sel [atomselect top " name OH" ]
but have to use the top method with {}'s when want to include the +/- signs.

IF making a movie you can also need to pay attention to the
selection update (each frame or not) depending on what you are trying to show.

you can also select by charge if the names give you trouble :-)

TOm