From: Ryan McGreevy (ryanmcgreevy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 29 2015 - 14:18:19 CDT

Sorry, I just saw this mail. The issue you are having is due to how Windows
treats 32bit applications running on 64bit windows. If you 'ls' from the
tkconsole, you should notice that the output file appears to be there. You
can load it or run commands on it from the tkconsole/VMD as normal (i.e.
mol new 4ake-target_autopsf.situs should work). However, if you try to
navigate to that file in windows explorer, it won't appear to be there. The
actual output file should be written to the folder C:\Users\UserName\
AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\University of Illinois\VMD
where UserName is your windows user name, and assuming you performed a
default install. This is the folder that windows tricks VMD into thinking
is the normal C:/ path.