From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 10:54:22 CST

Hi,
  In general, the easiest way to determine where the error(s)
in the file are, is to start out by commenting out all of the lines
in the .cshrc, and then uncomment them gradually until the problem
returns. When the problem returns you know you've uncovered the
line(s) responsible.

That error message "tcsh: LD_LIBRARY_PATH: Undefined variable."
is actually a real problem and is probably the direct cause why
VMD is not running for you. Somewhere in one of the scripts you
'source' below, there's bad code that's attempting to reference that
nonexistent environment variable, and when it does, its aborting all
further script processing, which in turn causes VMD's startup script to fail.
(it'd cause problems with any program that uses shell scripts to startup
 in a similar fashion....)