From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 09 2015 - 09:58:10 CDT

Hi,
  On MacOS, VMD is found inside of the "VMD xxxx.app" application bundle,
and you can launch it by running the contained VMD startup script therein
much like you would on a typical Unix machine. This is described in some
of the VMD tutorials as I recall:

cd VMD\ 1.9.2.app/Contents/vmd/
./vmd_MACOSXX86 -dispdev text

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/