From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 10:03:24 CST

Paul,
  Thus far since we released VMD 1.8.2, all of the Mac problems I've
heard of so far have been traced to bugs in .csrhc, file permissions
(i.e. VMD installed by one user ends up not being runnable by another user),
and conflicting shared library/Framework paths for OpenGL. I have yet to
find a Mac running OS X >= 10.2 that VMD won't run on once such problems are
fixed.

  John