From: Maxim Belkin (mbelkin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 27 2015 - 11:55:05 CDT

Hi Jevgenij,

You have to use catdcd for that purpose. The procedure is the following:

1. Load psf + pdb
2. Make a selection: set sel [atomselect top "selection text"]
3. Write psf of that: $sel writepsf selection.psf
4. Write indices of the selection:
set ch [open indices.txt w]
puts $ch [$sel list]; # [$sel list] is same as [$sel get index]
close $ch
5. Use catdcd to extract your selection from the trajectory:
catdcd -o output_file.dcd -otype dcd -i indices.txt trajectory_file

Good luck,
Maxim