From: Martin, Erik W (Erik.Martin_at_stjude.org)
Date: Thu Mar 26 2015 - 12:53:29 CDT

Maybe this will or won't solve your problem. However, I have done (what I think) are similar things before. I have always had a long linker I've needed to model though...

Anyway, why not use this workflow:

1. write a pdb of your dft optimized geometry

2. using several atoms from the linker align one subunit with the appropriate end of your dft structure

3. repeat with the other subunit

4. write pdbs containing non-overlapping molecules

5. merge pdbs

6. write new psf

-Erik