From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 06 2015 - 08:35:53 CST

Christian,
  Are you following one of the tutorials on this, or doing it from scratch?
A little googling gave me this, which I assume is the path you're taking:
  http://www.instantreality.org/examples/
  http://doc.instantreality.org/tutorial/going-virtual-with-oculusvr/

I know they made changes from the original Oculus to the new one,
but I had thought that the new DK2 versions looked the same to
software as the original did, although there are significant physical
differences. It may as simple as something like the DK2 having a
new/different USB ID code that is not recognized by the earlier software
tools that targeted the original. I would guess that updating the code
to recognize the new model should not be hard if you can figure out
why it isn't recognized. I would suggest sending an email to the
X3DOM and instantreality teams and see if one of them has a DK2 to
test with or not. If they don't have one to test with, you may need
to help them out by testing/debugging what's going on for them.

I don't have a DK2, so I'm afraid most of what I'm suggesting is based
purely on informed conjecture....

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/