From: Maxim Belkin (mbelkin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2015 - 09:23:31 CST

You got it right. You have to use console for the second step. And yes, you have to have ffmpeg, so install it if you currently don’t have it.
‘03d’ simply expands to a sequence 001, 002, 003, …
d - means integer
3 - minimum number of characters to use for the value
0 - if the number uses less than 3 characters - fill them with zeros.

In my example, images are assumed to be named like this:
imagename001.png imagename002.png imagename003.png ...
If you don’t have zeros, simply use %d

Maxim