From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2015 - 08:10:20 CST

Hi Surya,

rlwrap is a utility that lets you use the terminal window VMD opens as a
window to input commands into. Its strictly speaking optional. VMD will
run just fine without it, but you'll need to use the tkConsole for
scripting (which is recommended anyway). If it bugs you, its just a
"sudo apt-get install rlwrap" to install it, although you may find that
it breaks VMD, since rlwrap on ubuntu and csh don't seem to play
together very well.

-Josh Vermaas