From: Michael Patzschke (patzsc21_at_hzdr.de)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2015 - 09:08:12 CST

Hi,

This is most probably a Mac issue, but I would appreciate any advice.
I have been using VMD for years on my MacBook Air (2012). Now I have
a new MacBook Pro (mid 2014) and to my dismay, loading gaussian cube
files does not work any more.

I can load pdb files and other structural files and manipulate them, but as
soon as I start loading cube files, the OpenGL Display window just freezes.
This happens with both vmd 1.9.2 and 1.9.1

Both Macs have a very similar setup (Quartz and MacPorts installed with quite
a number of graphical routine ports installed, but I highly doubt, that they would
interfere with vmd)

I would very much appreciate any help or hints how to solve this problem!

Regards,
Michael