From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2015 - 14:23:56 CST

On Jan 6, 2015 9:03 PM, "Josh Vermaas" <vermaas2_at_illinois.edu> wrote:

> Hi Dhritiman,
> How was your pdb constructed? This system really shouldn't have all that
many bonds (think about it, the lattice shouldn't have more than 4 bonds
per atom...), so I'd look more closely at how the system was constructed
rather than spend your time recompiling VMD.

More importantly, if this is a malformatted pdb file, recompiling vmd will
not solve anything. Vmd won't complain, but the structure will be garbage.

Also, for some SiO2 force fields that lammps supports (e.g. Tersoff), there
must not be bonds in the.topology and thus automatic bond generation must
be suppressed.

> -Josh Vermaas
>

> On 01/06/2015 12:15 PM, Dhritiman Talukdar wrote:
>>
>> The system I am referring to is a 37*37*37 Silica Cube. (37 being the
number of SiO2 i.e. 37 Si and 74 O).
>> I need it for finally making a spherical silica nanoparticle. The sphere
will be sculpted out using LAMMPS.