From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2014 - 10:45:24 CST

Hi,
  I think you missed my point -- row-interleaved hasn't worked for me
when running at 4K resolution, only side-by-side and over-under have worked
so far when running at the full display resolution. Row interleaved is one
of the modes that could have issues if you've got downsampled
chrominance (in my case the LG TV just disables these modes entirely).

For the LG TVs I'm testing currently, the display panel appears to be
row-interleaved at the hardware level, so running row-interleaved is the
best choice for VMD, but I have to find a way to get the display to run
at full 4K resolution with full resolution chrominance data. I'm going to
try updating to a newer driver version and newer TV firmware and see if
either of those has any impact. Another potential gotcha I'm working
around is that some TVs support 30-bit color (10-bit per color channel)
and that eats some of the available HDMI bandwidth. It is possible that
row, column, and checkerboard stereo modes might be workable on the
shallow color depth modes but not in 30-bit color. I'm working on testing
that next...

Cheers,
  John