From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2014 - 15:48:57 CST

Hi,
  Up to this point, the Yosemite problems I've heard about seem largely
(but not entirely) focused on recent Mac laptops that use Intel graphics.
I have had one person report a problem on a machine that uses a combination
of Intel graphics with NVIDIA graphics, but there are others with similar
hardware that haven't experienced problems under Yosemite. Thus far I
haven't heard any problem reports from Yosemite users that have machines
that contain only ATI/AMD or NVIDIA graphics. This leads me to the
conclusion that the Yosemite problems people have reported are caused
by video-hardware-specific bugs in Yosemite display drivers, and not due to
any specific issue with VMD itself. I have colllected debugging tracebacks
two users that indeed show that the problems go very deep into the internals
of the display/video drivers, but there didn't seem to be
anything uniquely VMD-related going on therein. At this moment I don't have
any suggested workaround for the problem, as the machines we have running
Yosemite here all run VMD fine without any problems (at least thus far).
I will let people know if we come up with any scheme to get around the
problems. In the short term, it would be helpful if Yosemite users that
are experiencing the problem report it to Apple along with the details
of the Mac hardware they are running on.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/