From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2014 - 00:21:33 CST

Hi,
  I've posted another updated test version of VMD with the
interactive GPU-accelerated ray tracer. The new version adds
support for depth-of-field effects (see new items at the bottom of the
"Display Settings" menu), and many other improvements:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/optix/

I will be posting new example images with depth of field and
other features tomorrow as I get a chance.