From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 17:20:52 CST

Jerry,
  I've spent some time trying to track down this problem but haven't
had any luck just yet. The crash doesn't occur with the same code on
the other platforms I tested though it does on the new 64-bit x86_64
Linux port of VMD. Do you get the crash if you load the file locally
rather than via the RCSB PDB accession code? It could just be something
bad in the 'webpdb' plugin, if so I hope to find it soon as I test it
with some other debugging tools. Let us know if you find anything
else that gives trouble in the new Athlon64/Opteron version of VMD.

Thanks,
  John