From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 17:28:46 CST

Hi,
  If you want more details about what's going on with your system, it
would be very helpful if you actually gave me the exact error messages
VMD is printing, along with the structure file that causes you problems.
I assume that you're loading a file type that doesn't include bond information?
Its quite possible that you're having problems due to closely packed
atoms combined with the use of a file format that doesn't provide bonding
information, in which case VMD is forced to guess and occasionally has
difficulties as you describe. You didn't mention whether you compared the
location of residue XXX with the location of YYY are they in fact neighbors?

  John